Eagle Radio’s Love Tour was back once again for 2017! Broadcasting live from various towns, places, etc; within the station’s TSA.
Last year was my first time taking part in the campaign, via weekend tech-oping. You can read words of a younger & less-wise David HERE. (Love Tour 2016)
This year this I took part in #LoveTour17, on a whole new level…
By tech-oping Breakfast & Mid-Morning shows, for the whole 2x weeks of the campaign. A fantastic experience working closely with some brilliantly experienced & talented broadcasters, aswell as being ‘part’ of the daily workings of Eagle Radio.
Outside broadcasts are always difficult, however as a team the difficulties throughout the 2x weeks were overcome with relative ease. However there were definitely some ‘close to the wire’ moments…
- Presenting TOH/Opener of breakfast due to a non-existent Tieline.
- Chasing news within the required timelimit because of overrun.
- Competition caller delay.
- Missing travel / Regaining travel.
- Random people talking to presenters whilst their on-air.
- My own silly errors.
- Presenters feeling cold.
- Presenters in the rain.
- Living with jealously as presenters kept getting given tasty treats.
Despite all this, I loved every moment! And the campaign created some fantastic moments & content. Not to mention the interaction with listeners on a grassroots level at the various locations.
A huge thank you to everyone who put up with my no-sleepness for the duration of #LoveTour17, PG, Bev, Matt, Adam, Kim, Lewis, Karl, Rob & so many others.
Onto Love Tour 2018!